This is my old blog. New blog here: Lieh.ae | Lieh-always-enough

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I, Me & Myself Series -- My Names & Nicknames

Main Label: I, Me & Myself

Woohoo~~~ Finally, I'm going to start a series of entries that I've called it "I, Me & Myself"! Yes, it is all about me! And me only~! Haha... Am I being self-centered? But wait a minute, isn't blogging all about ourselves? Isn't blogging about write what you wanna write?

In anyways, as usual, I did plan along for this when I have a heart to blog. I had planned that my ever first blog is about a brief introduction of me, and I would like to talk about God first. But somehow my excitement in my first blog has neglected my lovely God, which is why to compensate, the second blog is about God, and ALL about God! (Erm... ok, I did mention about me in the entry lah~!) Then, it will flow to an entry of a "content page", or "bookmark" things (i.e. Blog Labels) to reflect, to outline brief idea of topics that I am going to write. And before I am about to update my life, I will go into a series of blogging about myself, most probably my characteristics or personalities, my likes and dislikes, some interesting facts about me, my value system and stuff. And of course, my nicknamesss!!! And that's what I am about to tell for the time being.

Allow me to assure you this, if you're reading, this series is going to be much interesting, somewhat dramatic. May you enjoy what I am about to write, cos if you're enjoying, then it could mean that you're enjoying having this friendship with whom you've known as Lieh. If there is something perceived as unpleasant to you as you read along, don't need to feel sorry about me, that's my life. :) And people does tell you this: "life has ups and downs" and we are not perfect human, I am no exception neither.

Well, it will be a good idea to start off with my names & nicknames~! Throughout my life, there should have a lot of nicknames given upon me. But I am sorry, I've forgotten most of them, the only one that is in my mind now is "hamburger". This nickname was given by my primary school classmate because that time my face was very round, like a hamburger. I could recalled that this was my very first nickname that I ever had. Hmmm... too bad, I can't recall other names now leh...

Anyways, in my family was another story... My father always called me " 臭人" (smelly boy) when I was young. But sometimes, he called me “小瓜”. Erm... this one how to translate? It is like "Little Thing", haha... yeah, Little Thing... When I asked him why sometimes call me this and that. He said, “你乖的时候就叫你小瓜; 你坏蛋就叫你臭人!” Meaning, "when you're obedient, I will call you Little Thing; but when you are being naughty, then I will call you Smelly Boy!" Ahaha... Then my fourth sister was being called “臭丫头”!Erm... it means smelly maid or smelly girl lah. Even until now, when she is trying to be funny, to make father laugh, my father will still smile and 偷笑, and says: “臭丫头!” Haha... My mum calls me “阿弟”(means Ah-Little-Brother) and until now, she still calls me that. My all other sisters simply call me "Ah Lieh".

One thing I realized about people around me is that, some people including me like to give other people nicknames. And I think I am good at it~! (Well, at least I think so...) Haha... From one point, some people just don't like nicknames. But on the other hand, it does add some spices to our life... You know, when you grow older and meet up old friends, it was so interesting to talk about those nicknames that we ever gave to our fellow friends and teachers, and etc.... Hmmm... I wanted to provide some examples of my "successful creations", but well, better not then... Less my friend gonna angry with me~! Haha...

Hey wait, I don't just give people nicknames you know, I give myself as well. :D Throughout the process in Life, people's thoughts, experiences etc change, from one level to another; from one maturity to another maturity; from one childishness to another childishness... Therefore, one nickname isn't enough to tell off all of your life stories, well at least for me one nickname is not enough. Remember my blog name, Lieh-Not-Enough. Hah~!

The list as follows tells the names and nicknames that I want to associated with:-
1. Loh Wei Lieh 罗伟烈.
This is my real name, as in Identification Card, Kad Pengenalan. Oops, is it safe to tell people actual name? Ok, my name does have a little story here. My parents told me that they got this name from newspaper~!!! They said they don't know what name to gimme, but they found this name in Chinese newspaper and found it sounded nice, so they used it on me. Yet not much details were mentioned about the guy who had this name... Ever since then, my negative thoughts always wonder... is the name from a "death notice" thing? Or a murderer? A raper? Thief? Haha... But at least I am not.

2. Adrian, the Creative Mind.
My Christian name, water baptist name. In life, there was a stage there where giving yourself a Christian name is an "in" thing. Or rather also, for "convenience"-"easy-to-remember" purpose. I got this name, Adrian, from one of the famous male models of the time, who actually not so famous after all, cos you will not know who is he now (Actually, I do know where he is lah. He was last seen / known as a personal trainer in California Fitness Centre) The fact is, I had a little admire of him (now no more...) so I decided to use his name as my Christian name. A friend of mine, Ah Fer, commented that the name actually sounded nice. So I decided to use it.

Not along after, I also realized that the name Adrian isn't that unique after all, lots of guys have this name as well. Then, I also found out that the name Adrian, also has the meaning of "Creative Mind". When you go to a Christian gift shop and happen to find those name tags, or key-chains with Christian names on it. It always say "Adrian, the Creative Mind" and follows by a verse:-
"Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me."
Psalm 51:10 (NKJV)
I kind of like the verse as well. So it is okay with me. And one of my greatest values in life is creative also. Then to make thing look "creative", I always write my name, Adrian as "Adrian, the Creative Mind". :D

3. JB Shaoyeah~
I am blessed with a shao-ye, 少爷 life, need more explanation? Guess not. But to add, I am not a very worthy shao-ye, cos my family isn't that rich after all. A Singapore Shao-ye could have worth much than me. Haha... When I was in Polytechnic, my friends have started called me this name, especially Ah Fer. Even until now she still calls me that. To humble myself a little, and to show that I am a not-so-rich shao-ye, I've put the word JB in front. Haha...

Then my "Shaoyeah~" has "ah~" behind one. Once again, this is to differentiate out with all other shao-ye mah. so is Shao Yeah, where Ye and Yeah sound the same. In addition, "Yeah" also has the meaning of "yes" and "yes (agree) happily". You know, "Let's go party~!" "Yeah~!" that kind... But "Ye" simply doesn't have a meaning in English. Wait a minute, is "Yeah" an English word? But anyways, "Ye" also means "leaves" in Chinese. Then Shao-ye also sounded like "扫叶" which means "sweep leaves" in English... I, I don't want to be that kind of shao-ye you know... Yeah~~! So please address me as "JB Shaoyeah~" if you like. Make me merry and I may treat you a meal or a drink. :D I will try my best to treat you expensive one... haha... try lah...

4. Lasam Lieh
Well, a nick I came out myself... People keeps asking me why such a nick until I promised a few to explain this on my blog if I ever started one. For that, I shall reserve this as my next blog entry topic. Yeah~! A "coming soon" thing ya~!

5. Limelight / Limelime / Limelite Lieh
This name is a reflection of another side of me of which I yet to develop. I.e. to be in the Limelight! The definition I got in the dictionary reads:
lime·light
-noun
1. Theather.
a. (formerly)
a lighting unit for spotlighting the front of the stage, producing illumination by means of a flame of mixed gases directed at a cylinder of lime and having a special lens for concentrating the light in a strong beam.
b. the light so produced.
c. Chiefly British. a lighting unit, esp. a spotlight.
2. the center of public attention, interest, observation, or notoriety: He seems fond of the limelight.
-Related forms
limelighter, noun.
I always wanted to be the the limelight, to be in the center of attention... But maybe I am too shy with that... Haha... This nickname is sometimes used as User ID to register into websites when I do not wish to reveal my real name. To make it unique, again I tend to change the spelling of "light" into "lite" sometimes, more stylish mah.

Jesus said this:
"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14
So if I ever wanna be the light of the world, I pray that it gonna be limelight~! (P/S: an entry of revelation in lights should be made in the future.)

6. Fervent Lieh
This is a name that I wanna use to reflect how "fervent" I am for the Kingdom of God, how much desire I have for the Lord. I used this name to register my multiply.com account. But this is not the center of focus for the time being lah... I was once inspired by the word Care-a-lot, a place where Care Bears live (I guess), and came out a name call "Pray-a-lot" for myself in order to encourage me to pray a lot. But... well... ... ... Anyways, If you wanna encourage yourself to pray a lot, maybe you can name yourself "Pray-a-lot"~! Haha... Another name I can think of, which is also much biblical is "Pray-Without-Ceasing" (1 Thessalonians 5:17). This name is definitely much troublesome to pronounce, but also definitely a much hard word for the hard believers~!

7. Lieh Not Enough! 烈不够用!
This is one of the latest nick that I came out for myself. And I've used it for the name of this blog site as you have known. Yeah~! A lot more stories regarding this... So shall reserve for future entries... Yes, I mean entries (take note, it is in plural).

8. All other names of my favorite people: Abraham, Melchizedek, Legolas, Harry Potter~!
These are the names that I prefer because they are originated from real people and real-fictional people... Abraham, quite a fatherly name actually, so not suitable for me now.

Melchizedek, a person that I love one of the most in the Bible, other than Jesus. Well then, it is said that Melchizedek was a "picture of Christ" in the Old Testament. There is a little story about this name also... There were once I was thinking about my calling, whether to be a king (i.e. focus in business) or a priest (i.e. focus in Church stuff)... And this person, Melchizedek was in my mind. I was thinking whether should I be like him, to be the king and priest together, or should I be just focus on one? Because I did learned that King Saul was trying to be both and God wasn't happy about it... Then this was also the time when Pastor Kong (I am not sure about which Pastor, but I think should be Pastor Kong... If not then Pastor Tan) preached about it~! To add, Pastor did not just stop by both, he added a "Prophet" to it~! Yeah~! 3 in a role. We have to be King-cum-Priest-cum-Prophet of the world~! Amen~! So since then, I had loved Melchizedek more than before.

As for Legolas... Well, some people said that I look like Orlando Bloom, *blush*... Okay, that's when I was much slimmer (and I will be in the future). I preferred Legolas instead of Orlando Bloom is because the initial of Legolas is also L, of which is the same as my name Lieh. You know, people like authors always give their characters' names the same initials, such as Peter Pan, Peter Parker (Spideyman), Peter Petrelli (Heroes' main male character), Wonder Woman, etc. (And superheroes likes to be known as Peter~! Okay, this is another story.) So then, I can get a link to the name like Legolas Lieh, Legolas Limelite, etc and etc, with all the L & L...

Yeah, I don't mind people call me Harry Potter also... Haha... So 不要脸, right?! Haha... When I am slim, I am Legolas. When my face got round, then call me Harry Potter~! Haha...

That's all, folks. Oops... another long entry man, if you're reading, thankz~!

No comments: