This is my old blog. New blog here: Lieh.ae | Lieh-always-enough

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reunion with Good Friends - Part 3

Main Label: Life Flashback

Yes! A long waited entry... Finally again... managed to find some time to continue this long waited entry liao... Haha... Hmmm... now I even forgot how to continue the story... sigh...

I guessed I stopped at we "lost contact" after Nanyang Poly ba... Then we carried on with our life not contacting one another until... this year's CNY... On the 4th day, 初四,after receiving this special sms, and in the afternoon, he called me finally and we had a short chat after which, we arranged to meet on that night to have a long catching up!

And then another twist had come then... Not long after, Haw Chon, sms me again. Haw Chon... the very best friend of mine when we were in secondary school... Well, he is also another long stories lor... To really cut short the story, Haw Chon also befriended with Samuel very well every since we all know one another. Haw Chon and I had also "lost contact" some times / years after we graduated from Riverside Secondary School... He went to KL to further study since then, we managed to meet a few times. But after he flew to Australia, we really lost contact since then. And until recently, like last year, managed to "find him back lor"...

Ok, come back to the CNY story. Haw Chon, who prefers people to call him as "Haw" now, happened to be in JB, his hometown for CNY. And he asked me whether I got any programs for the night, I quickly replied to him the news about Samuel. And the very night, the 3 of us met up together after a separation for about 12 years!!! We all concluded that it was an absolutely rare gathering! We had a good catching up and stuff and finally went for a movie, Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, a highly not recommended movie though...

Through the chatting / conversation / catching up, I learned that:-
1. His father had died of lung cancer before CNY, therefore he was in JB to 避年 “avoid CNY", and he stayed in his "friend's" house.
2. I asked, "of all the years, what makes you contact me now?" And he said that he so happened to check the e-mails in the "friend's" house, and happened to read my "Cow-Bull-Ox" email and then he was reminded about me.. .Ahaha... So I guessed sending greetings occasionally does provide "certain" help one way or another ba...
3. I changed my mobile phone number quite frequently, and I just wonder how he got this Malaysia number of mine. I remembered that I didn't tell everyone about this number leh... After some time of thinking, I remembered that I did emailed everybody this number, and the Singapore number last time ba... That's the only possible way le...
4. He then changed the word "my friend" to "my girl friend". Haha... so funny, should have said it in the beginning mah... And that could explain lots of stuff already... lol.
5. He knew his girl friend in JB. She is working in a facial wash shop where Sam went there very often. It was through the regular met-up that the 2 of them had come together. And therefore he always comes in JB here to do the spending and as usual, his comment about spending in JB is definitely "real cheap". He comes in here to buy birdnest for his mother, car washing, movie, etc. etc.
6. And now I have one movie-kaki here in JB liao... No need to watch "expensive movies" in Singapore liao.
7. Now we are planning to meet more old friends! But until now, not much progress... :( I also planned to go to his house to "finally" pay his family a visit to show my gratitude and stuff, but again... I failed to do until now, because I am reserving my passport pages for Shanghai trip on April.

There was once we planned to meet up for a lunch with another mutual friend, Wei Yuan, who is now a wanton mee business owner. It was his family business for the three genation, and if have any chance, I will definitely bring my friends and family to eat one. It is very tasty one! And he had a website one: http://www.hosengkee.com go there for more information.

His timing is always very pack and had little holiday or rest, but it so happened that recently he gotta move to a new location, his family and himself had one week "holiday" to do the shifting preparation and stuff. And thank-God-ly, we arranged one Saturday for the lunch in Permas Jaya, 二重丸, another nice Japanese food restaurant in JB... Their Salmon Sashimi comes with dry ice as decoration and giving those smokey effect lor... Just before the day we had arranged the three of us for the lunch, I received a sms from Haw Chon, saying that he would be back to JB this weekend and asked me got any plans or not. So I told him he had come back for the right timing! And on that Saturday afternoon, it was another mere rare gathering for the 4 of us! Don't think that this is not so rare lor, poor Wei Yuan gotta head back for preparing his new shop after his lunch. His phone kept ringing while he was eating. And we had spent only an hour together for the lunch and after that, he rushed back to do his stuff liao lor...

It only left the 3 of us and we planned to watch movie, but no timing suited 3 of us because I would be having a company dinner that night. So we shopped around and sat down in Starbuck in Jusco. Talking about many stuff, and Haw Chon was eyeing at a new dual SIM phone from Samsung, the Samsung D980 Dual SIM touchscreen phone. But it was quite expensive... When about 5.30pm, we left and called it a day lor...

In life, there are many things that you can happy of, and of course, there are also things that make you sad and want to complain about life. To me, even when life has many problems that are yet to solved, as long as there're also stuff or events that can "make my day", I will be very happy and ragain the hope and energy and belief to challenge those problems again. What are those stuff that can "make my day"? -- Meeting close friends, talking topics that we are interested to, watching movies and stuff, etc. etc.

But I had a challenge... most of my friends are in Singapore... And really, the spending in Singapore is quite expensive, and to me, because of the currency rate, everything are all double cost to be. But as compare to JB, it is another story, another heaven for Singaporeans. That's why I keep promoting to Singapore friends to come JB here to spend, to watch movie. My idea of watching movie in JB as compared to Singapore is, using the price of one Singapore cinema ticket to watch movie in JB (or Malaysia) is like "buy one gets one free". yes, you can buy two tickets in JB with the price of one Singapore movie ticket lor... This is like a win-win situation for both party... First win is for friends who can "save a lot" while spending here, second win is for myself that I no need to spend those double cost lor... Unlike when I am meeting friends in Singapore, it is not a win-win situation, everything is double cost for me. And for themselves, they only spend "normally", and not cheaper lor... Haha...

That's why I appreciate friends like Sam a lot lor... And also to those who love to spend in JB one lor... Haha... Oh yes, Ting Ting, if you're reading this, I am refering to Reub and you lor... Ahaha... If wanna save up for London Legoland trip, then must spend time and money in JB lor... Haha... I am waiting for you 2 to come in and find me!

Just recently, I had another 2 friends to come in JB to meet me... But that was another interesting story that waiting for me to blog about if I have the time lor... But nevertheless, I also wish that I have more friends who are willing to go out of the comfort zone in Singapore and make a trip to JB where heaven awaits you... Erm... heaven lor... win-win situation also, you're either in shopping and eating and movie heaven or if you meet robbery, you might also go up to heaven straights... Ahaha... just joking... NO, just becareful when you're in JB. :)

No comments: