This is my old blog. New blog here: Lieh.ae | Lieh-always-enough

Thursday, October 15, 2009

My 2 New Soul Mates~! Sony Vaio & HTC Touch Diamond2

Main Label: Life Updates

~ I'm Back After MIA From This Blog... ~
OOPS! Neither did I know... time really flies~~~! Its been 2 months that I did not update his blog! A new record for me...
Well, should I say, this is another blog about "losing focus" ba... But before that...

~ My First Soul Mate ~
oh... btw, I just realized that this is the very first time that I am using my First Soul Mate, aka Sony Vaio VGN-FW46GJ/B to blog!!! Woohoo~~~! I got my most beloved First Soul Mate on the 15th of August 2009, in the Bersada PC Fair! I went there with my sis, Finn.

Well... got a little story about getting this soul mate... Its all my clumsiness and ended up 摆乌龙 lor... haha... Mistaken that a deposit of RM500 had been given to the sales person but ended up realizing we haven't given to them! And was a bit angry... and then when we realized it our own, we felt paiseh lor...

Also, we got a nice optical mouse as Papa's Birthday present. And sis also got herself a HP printer...

A sad story to note... I finally got My First Soul Mate on 2015th August 2009, I was not able to collect on the day of PC Fair because no more stock already. So we rescheduled it to collect on 20th August. So happy... But... My Sony Vaio went to "Blue Screen of Death" on the 8th day after the collection! I was so angry and was really like "the world falls apart" like that... How would you feel when your newly bought lappy goes to blue screen of death on the 8th day of purchase???

After sadness & anger, it must be the time of "get back to reality" and solve the problem... Thank-God-ly, I did follow the instruction to create "Recovery Discs" the first few times I log into Window Vista. The 4 Recovery Discs actually included the Window Vista Setup programs and other backup tools to restore the lappy back to its default factory setting. So I used it to restore my new lappy... Everything was back to the default factory setting, and I gotta reinstall those "just installed programs" lor.

I googled about the problem and realized that what made my innocent Sony Vaio went to blue screen of death could be the Apple Quicktime thing. I was not sure whether this was the true or not. However, my lappy did went dying after I installed iTunes & Quicktime. So this time round, I would not dare to install Apple product... I really got the phobia. Instead, my sis introduced me to use VLC Media Player. I installed it, and man! It was good! My blog can play the background mp3 formatted music too!

Initially, I needed Quicktime so that my blog can playback mp3. But somehow, with VLC, it is much easier now! I am so happy! This is the only gain, or lesson learned from my lappy's blue screen of death... Nevertheless, I should be grateful. :)

~ My Second Soul Mate ~
And on 7th October 2009, I got myself another soul mate! -- HTC Touch Diamond 2!!! Woohoo~~~ Irene Tan YY, a new friend I knew from Clark Hatch helped me to get it first as she worked there... I'm thankful for her help! Haha... And oops, haven't got the chance to return her $$$ yet...

Having this HTC phone got its pros and cons. I am still at the stage of exploring & getting familiarized with the phone... It is kind of like my first PDA phone too. So there are many things still new to me. I only have one thought in my mind, i.e. "can I speak to a HTC staff about this phone? I have many many questions to ask!!!"

When I first got this Second Soul Mate, I realized that we have to make times and invest $$$ on this technology thing... IT stuff... One cannot be so far away from IT nowadays. So to me, it is an investment for me to upkeep with technology... I would want to use this as the starting point to explore all other things, such as Windows Mobile 6.1, TouchFLO 3D, etc.

In the beginning, I really liked my Second Soul Mate very much... Well, simply because it is my new toy! However, as I keep on exploring the phone, I figured that this phone is not as flexible as I thought. I personally like things that are flexible, more options, etc. Because I am kind of like a niche person, niche market, I like things to be more personalized in my own style, own way and own habit, even to the extent of little details do matter to me. Therefore, I really don't like gadgets that are rigid, limited options and lack of flexibility. But as for now, I will say that everything is still under "exploration stage", so maybe the problem can solved, and new features can be discovered ba... And I am not sure whether it is the problem of Windows Mobile or HTC phone itself...

This phone is a little slow... which at times can be annoying. And then I tried my friend's iphone, and it the speed was like instantaneously, indeed faster than Touch Diamond 2. :( I kind of like iphone now... haha... And also, I am still looking forward for Sony Ericsson SatioTM! Haha... ILIKE!

But as for now, it is still a nice phone to use... I like the messaging options, it provides many input methods for me to choose. But don't know why, sometimes the typed letter can auto capitalized and sometimes cannot. For example, the first letter of the first word, it will automatically capitalized, but sometimes, it just stays as small letter... Don't know why... I still need time to explore lor...

Oops... very long entry already... I shall stop now liao.

No comments: