This is my old blog. New blog here: Lieh.ae | Lieh-always-enough

Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Chinese “牛” Year 2009 & More Life Flashbacks! Part 1

Main Label: Life Updates, Life Flashbacks

I thought I was going to have another usual, boring Chinese New Year (CNY)... But somehow something spiced it up and I eventually realized that I enjoy this season of celebration very much!

~ Spice #1. Very Committed into Spring Cleaning ~
I realized that this year I was very committed into the boring, tiresome, hard-work Spring Cleaning. The usual me is like that, the more I do and focus, the more I enjoy doing it. So the idea is to "keep the ball rolling". I have been cleaning a lot of stuff, both office and my big big house, but however, there are still a lot of stuff that I missed doing... Really got no choice, it will take a whole lot of time, maybe more than 1 month to clean everything thoroughly... To rate my own's hardwork, I am pretty satisfied with what I had done. XD And... Oops! I didn't do a list of all the tasks to do! Haha... Am so lazy...

~ Spice #2. My Cow-Bull-Ox Greetings / Well-Wishes ~
Before the New Year come, I already received and read many well wishes... Because it is a “牛” year, I found out that different people translate the animal differently, all I could remember in the past was, people always used "cow" as the translation. But this time round I saw people used "Bull" and some "Ox". That made me wonder... which is the correct translation. But of course, I know that they are all acceptable. Then somehow my mind started to play with the Chinese & English translation and stuff. Eventually, my "poem" was out! I think I am so "creative"! Haha... I especially like the part of "Oxpicious" (Auspicious) and "PrOxperOx" (Prosperous)! I feel so happy whenever I read the whole passage too! So happy~~! A sense of fulfillment in my heart. And it will usually made my day~! Ahaha...

~ Spice #3. “守岁” until 7am!
I think this is the first time that I could stay awake overnight for so long! 7am! Well... I was surfing the Internet... And this is really a good time-killer! Ahaha...

~ Spice #4. My "Long Lost" Friend Contacted Me! ~
Well... This is one very major spice... or rather, it was really a big surprise for me! So this part is going to be a very long story!

On the 3rd day of New Year, 年初三,I slept at about 11pm++, before I switched off my handphone, somehow I had an sudden idea that "maybe someone will call me". But still, I turned off my handphone and went to sleep... Indeed the next morning, after I switched on my mobile phone, I received message that telling me there's missed call from an unknown number. And there's another message from that unknown number saying:
"Hi, weilieh, happy Chinese New Year to u and ur family. This is my Malaysia line. Keep in contact! Samuel. God Bless."
For awhile, I was thinking who is this "Samuel"? Could this be a "wrong number". But no... this person could spell my name correctly and perfectly! I will think that it is "rare" for people to spell my name correctly, especially my "Lieh" has the extra and essential "H" at the end. So he is definitely someone I know and he is definitely someone who is very close to me. And really, I don't know many guys with the name Samuel, other than two... One is really an acquaintance who confirm don't have my contact number. And the other one is none other than my friend I knew since secondary school time... And indeed, it was him...

~ Secondary School Life Flashback ~
Ahaha... it brings back some memories now... Samuel (Sam) and his whole family are very special to me...

When I was in secondary school, during the 'O' Level year, I felt that my time was wasted in traveling to and fro Singapore and Malaysia, and also the jam and crowded Custom during peak hour. So I thought that I could stay in a Singapore friend's house, so that I will have more time for revision and homework. Sam, was also one of my band member-cum-friend. I forgot the reason why or how I had asked him whether I could stay in his house... I guess he was a very open guy ba... Indeed, one thing I realized about him was, and really amazed about him was, he never say "NO" to people... So I think that's how I gotta stayed in his house ba...

That time we were very close then. Because we stayed together, we do whole lot of things together... Go to school together, late together (grrr...), go back home together, play together, eat together, do homework together, torn overnight for rushing technical portfolio together, and even sleep together! Haha... Because he stayed in a small flat, with one of the rooms rented out. So he, his sister and I squeezed in one room together... We were really "that buddy" lor...

Back then, I was also very close to his family. I especially liked his mother and his Popo... I respected them a lot. They always took care of me and treated me as their own son / grandson. They cooked food for me and even gimme to drink chicken essence whenever we had to torn overnight for technical portfolio. Popo played mahjong with us and we loved playing mahjong!!! My parents passed me an amount of money and asked me to pass to Sam's family as a mean of "rental fees". But his mother refused to accept it when I offered to her. I was so touched and don't know what to do... I always think that I am indebted to this family with gratitude and appreciation. I remembered one time that my parents brought durians for this family! But after eating a lot, some of them fall sick... :( Felt so paiseh you know...

Oh! One of the most important things that we did together, was to go to church together. His elder sister, Mabel and himself were devoted Christians since then already. During Sunday, if I didn't go back to JB, I would go to their local church together. In a way, you could say that "he brought me to church". But actually the fact was that... That time I already "interested" or found curious about this religion called, Christian. So I was using this opportunity to go to church and get to know more, a little more about Christianity...

~ Hearing His Voice for the First Time ~
Oh... God... It really brought back some memories back then... It was the first time ever that I heard Your voice... You spoke to me with Your gentle, whispered voice, yet of which, still could resound / echo in my head now... I was lying on my bed that night, regretting to you, I said: "Oh God, I'm sorry that I cannot become a Christian now..." Then Your voice, not that inner voice... I really heard a gentle, whispered voice at that moment, right next to my ear... Though I spoke to You in English... You replied me with Chinese... You said... “不能就不能吧。。。” (meaning: cannot then cannot lor...) With that gentle, soothing voice, I was able to sleep at peace...

Maybe people could not really understand why would a God that response in this manner? Such answer can be perceived as being negative, and not so "biblical" way... Well... that's why God would never speak to you! Ahaha... throughout the years of experiences of being a Christian, one of the things that I realized about God is... Sometimes as He speaks, to you, He will not finish a long sentence, but instead, He will say something like... half of it?? And the rest of the sentence, or conversation is "said", or rather "transmitted" directly, immediately and without delays, into your heart... What God would trying to say to me at that moment, of course, which was understood to me perfectly or near-perfectly was something like this:

"I understand the reasons / barriers for you not being able to become a believer. It is okay. I know your heart and I know that now is not the time for your conversion yet. And that doesn't mean that you will not become a Christian in the future / for the rest of your life. Everything is under control... And for now... sleep..." You know? That's my God. :)

~ Life After 'O' Level ~
Ok. To summarize the rest of the flashback stories: After 'O' Level, I left Sam house and came back to my JB big house... And after that... we kind of "lost contact" to each other... But of course, not really lost contact lah... I found out that we happened to be at the same school again! And that was Nanyang Polytechnic... Though we took different courses and we could hardly met. And since then, I always wanted to afford some time to go back to his house and visit his family... But... too much things... that eventually until now I haven't got a time to go back to see them! So "no heart" right...

At that time, cell phones haven't be much popular yet for teenagers. But not long after, like after Poly life, I managed to get a cell phone and that's the "High peak of SMS-es time of my life"... Whatever stuff, I usually sms-ed friends... It was like an "in" thing to do. It was like a game that is "soooo fun" to play like that... haha... I remembered that was once I sms-cum-chat with 3 different friends and they were also sms-ed to one another like that! But now, I guess I am so "old" that I lazy to sms... Would rather call the person if he or she is available to talk... It is time wasting to wait for the reply and lazy to type lor...

So anyway, come back to the story... Through other band members, I managed to get his contact. So in this manner, we "found each other" again... I meant that, we were not in "lost contact" mode... Haha... Right after we got each other's phone number, we called and had a short conversation, or catching up... And after that... we "lost contact" again... aiyo... haha...

Oops... Still got a long way to go... Shall continue in a new entry...
That's right, to be continued...

No comments: