This is my old blog. New blog here: Lieh.ae | Lieh-always-enough

Friday, July 4, 2008

Lieh not Enough~! (Part 3) -- My Commitments, My Life

Main Label: I, Me & Myself
"Oh no... Lieh not enough le... Everybody wants a piece of Lieh! I wish for 8 more Liehs: (1) One for God, (2) One for family, (3) One for friends (and maybe one more for more friends!), (4) One for games! (5) One for gym and be handsome, (6) One to do Great things! (7) One to do all other little things, (8) One to enjoy every beautiful things in the world, (9) And last one just for simply doing nothing! ... ... ... Ok, reserve for girl friend lah!"
Lieh
(5). Gym and Being Handsome
I wasn't very keen in Physical Education (PE) when I was schooling. My PE always failed that time. And I didn't make an effort to improve on it much because I didn't have to serve in the army, so what's the purpose? When I was in Poly, a friend of mine brought me to a fitness centre, California Fitness Centre (CFC) to say the name. Don't know why also, I signed up a membership in the end. But still, I didn't utilize this membership much until...

After I graduated from Poly, this was the time that I made more utilization of the gym centre. That time, I happened to have some hundreds dollars. So I decided to sign up a personal training (PT) of about 8 to 10 sessions with my personal trainer (also acronym as PT?). And this was the moment that "changed my life"! Haha...

With the aid of PT, and happened to have a chance of eating less (because not staying with my mama mah), I successfully slimmed down from about 65kg to 58kg, and obtained a more toned body! But now coming back to JB, staying with my loving mum, I gained up to 68kg over a period of 2 years! And then my current weight is about 66kg. I lost about 2kg after coming back from Vietnam trip. Why? Cos I ate the "wrong" food and got diarrhea over a period of about 3 weeks! Daily, I couldn't eat much. Toilets were my frequent going places. On the first week, I thought "I can get well soon", so didn't heed doctor, but... On the second week, I decided to see my so-called family doctor who after examined my stomach, advised me to take Vitagen, 2 to 3 bottles a day... Yah, I was surprised by his saying and I thought he was not going to gimme additional medicines, haha... He gave me some medicines, including antibiotics... But I didn't get much better. So on the third week, I went to see another doctor near my house, had an injection from my buttock "ouch!" (not really painful though), more medicine, stronger antibiotics, and this doctor actually "went on extra mile" to gimme fever medicine where I didn't have fever! His stand was, "usually such diarrhea will generate heat in your body, causing fever". Well, after I had consumed this doctor's given medicine, except the fever one, I finally got better... Yah, only "better". Only a few days after I finished the medicine, I could finally say, "I'm recovered totally"!

So much story just to tell how I lost the 2kg... Anyways, coming back to my topic: gym. Since the sessions with my PT, I not only lost weight, but also gained a much better looking body. People could tell from my "shape" that I got workout regularly. I don't mean of those big muscles in body building, because I was losing weight, remember? In this weight losing process, I lost most of my "baby fats"; my shoulder become broader and stronger enough for a girl to cry on; I got chests you know! A beautiful V-shape body; sexy waist I tell you! That was the time I feel so "confident" in my life. But... “好景不长。。。” I stopped this habit of exercising when I became too busy with Church commitments and other stuff... Finally, I stopped going back to my lovely CFC totally when I shifted back to JB...

Days that I stopped gym & exercising, I realized that I fall sick easily... And I think I looks no energy, tired, sleepy most of the time. I could still remember, I looked more energetic, and really am more energetic when I kept a habit of exercising. That's why I love "pumping" myself in fitness centres. However, there is something here in my mind that I am not able to think through... I know that I will look better and feel better when I exercise regularly. But to achieve that, I have to spend time, quality time in fitness centre. Last time when I studied in MDIS, I happened to have lots of such quantity of time for me to gym in fitness centre. I spent like hours in the centre every time I went there. I do all kinds of exercise, from cardio, upper body, legs, abs, attending classes like body pump, body combat, and finally before going to shower, I would also spend time in the sauna and steam room! It was like, I was really totally utilize this fitness centre's facilities!

However, times that I do not have regular exercise, I would spent time... or rather, my time is spent in sickness and sleeping... I feel to exercise or not, time is still wasted... What I mean is like, time is still needed for building up a healthy lifestyle of exercising, if not time will be spent on and with sickness, and when you gets older, more sickness will befriend with you... But nevertheless, I guess the point is still that exercising not only gimme a better look (energetic, nice body & "sexy" body, haha...) and better feel (more confident), it also keeps me healthy and away from sickness, and definitely beneficial in the long run. Therefore, I would still prefer “waste time" in exercising than to mourn with sickness in bed! Haha...

I also love the feeling during gym and exercising, during those muscles building or body shaping moment... I love the idea that "when you think you can't" but with a little push, or motivation, you realize that actually you can! Yes, you can do it! So you see, body exercising is not only beneficial to the physical body itself, it also helps to develop your mind. And of course, a positive mindset. How true it is... when people say, if you wanna slim down, any methods will do, but the most important factor is still your mind, i.e. your determination! I strongly agree with this man! In addtion, I especially love the feeling of exhausting myself, my body, my muscle with those equipments of muscle shaping, cardio, etc. etc. I think I can't really keen in describing such feelings, I couldn't find any best words or phrase here to describe the feelings perfectly... Maybe also because that was like 3 years ago... Yah, it is about 3 years already... And I am looking forward to get back such healthy habit!

Thank-God-ly, a fitness centre called "Clark Hatch" decided to open up a branch here in JB. And yes! I signed up! I couldn't wait to get back my "nice body"! "Toned body, I miss ya~!" Right now, there are a total of 3 branches here in JB. The one that I signed up is located in City Square. There is another branch located in Danga Bay which is near to the seaside, facing Singapore. But I heard from the staff that this branch is not affiliated with the branch in City Square, due to different management and therefore different promotion and stuff. However, one older branch is located in Permas Jaya, it has swimming pool aslo... and this branch is affiliated! The membership package I signed up allows me to go to this branch, however, Permas Jaya is way too far from my house in Skudai... :( so sad... I wish I can find some time to swim there...

Since the branch had opened, I only went there once till date! So sad... Truly, I wish I can spend lots of time "sticking" to the gym like in the past, shaping up my body... 6 packs! I wish I could achieve that... Though in the past, I spent lots of effort in the gym, I could still never get my 6 packs. I would really want, for once in my life, to get that sexy-six-packs man! I really want it! Every time I do Goal-Setting, there are goals that "don't really seems like a goal, but more to a habit thing, or something that we ought to do regularly", but I set them as goals to achieve. This results in ineffective goal setting I guess... But to me, "to have 6 packs" is really something that I could call it a "goal"! No doubt! Dear God, for once in my life, just let me have it! Please~~~ I will work hard to achieve it!

Yeah! Maybe by now, if you are reading, you should have sensed the "vainness" in me? Yeah, I'm kinda vain pot that you can call... But one will not easily draw into this conclusion if you always see me... This is because my "vainness" is much covered up by my shyness... Haha... And my idea of dressing up, grooming, looking good, etc starts with the physical body and appearance itself. To me, as a guy, to look good in front of others, what really matter is your body and face, what you wear will come second. If I don't have a nice body, wearing anything will do... Of course, I will still try to wear nice and "update" lah... But I assure you this, if you see me having a toned body, that's the time you will realize I will dress real different to "show off" the "essence" of human body shape which is wrapped within the clothes I am wearing... Haha... Oh... I miss those singlets... Oh~ No~ I'm such a vain pot... God help me~! Haha... Anyways, my fashion stands is like this:
“我穿衣服,不是衣服穿我”
Hope you can understand the essence of this quote... What I want to mean is, I bring up the clothes I am wearing, and not the clothes I am wearing bring me up... In whichever sense, the person should still be the main thing, and not of the clothes...

Some people say I am handsome... I don't know about that... But also, I don't want to deny that! Haha~~~ Oops... Anyways, but this is what I find out: (1) I am aunties' & uncles' market. Most uncles and aunties will find me good-looking, unless their children is better looking than myself? Haha... (2) In place with no handsome guy, I tend to stand out. But when there is handsome guy around, I will tend to fade off... Sigh... and not to mention my height... My 166cm is not enough for me to qualify as a model... :( Height-not-enough also...

OK lah, my only desire regarding this issue now is to first get back the more toned and defined body, then have my sis, Ah Bee, also known as (AKA) Finn, a professional photographer to shoot down many photos and have my portfolio... I had one portfolio that time... Went to take the portfolio with my best friend and her sister. Another interesting story here again! But ain't telling lah... Haha... Anyways, that portfolio was not bad, but I will not call it a success neither. My sis, Ah Bee Finn, was a little angry with me when she found out about the portfolio. It was a "You wanna shoot portfolio, why didn't look for me???" thing. After she looked at those photos, I guessed she had wonderful time laughing and mocking at me ba... Haha... So, "to compensate" I will try my best to get back the body of mine, and to have a much better one, then have my sis to be my photographer this time. I'll be her model, and help her advertise her skill~! haha... Wish us "all the best" okay?

Yeah~! I am so excited about this! I wanna keep fit and stay handsome! Haha~ Regardless I have some doubts and disappointment with my God, spirituality and faith questions, I am still thankful that there are still such hope that keep me going, that light up and spice up my life...

So in the end, this entry only talk about keeping fit and stay handsome, huh? Aijo... still got so many things to say... Lieh-not-enough, height-not-enough, blog-not-enough... How? Haha... At least I enjoy writing blogs ya~!

No comments: