This is my old blog. New blog here: Lieh.ae | Lieh-always-enough

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lieh Not Enough~! (Part 5) -- My Commitments, My Life

Main Label: I, Me & Myself
"Oh no... Lieh not enough le... Everybody wants a piece of Lieh! I wish for 8 more Liehs: (1) One for God, (2) One for family, (3) One for friends (and maybe one more for more friends!), (4) One for games! (5) One for gym and be handsome, (6) One to do Great things! (7) One to do all other little things, (8) One to enjoy every beautiful things in the world, (9) And last one just for simply doing nothing! ... ... ... Ok, reserve for girl friend lah!"
Lieh
(7). All Other Little Things
One major, important task in my life, in everybody's life is to handle all other little things that come across in your life... Word of Jesus is like this "be faithful in little things". His quotes found in the Bible are as followed:-
"He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much."
Luke 16:10 (NKJV)

"His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.' "
Matthew 25:21 (NKJV)
Luke 16:10 is what I summarize into "faithful in little things". And it is also saying that when you are faithful in the small things, you will also faithful in the big things; While Matthew 25:21 talks about faithfulness over few things, you will have authority over much more things, and thereby implying the character / value of responsibility.

So what are these little things? These are also what I categorize into "take care of yourselves" things, such as doing house chores, tidying up (so that the environment you live in is clean), bathing, brushing etc. (so that your body is physically clean), car washing (if you own a car) and etc. I am very much thankful to have my mama. She is the one who takes care of house chores and tidying up. And she is the one who impacted and influenced her four daughters to be extremely cleanness conscious! I once rented a flat with my fourth sister in Singapore. We agreed that I will be responsible for sweeping and mopping the floor. But the floor gets dirty easily because the flat is located next to the main road. And I was kind of lazy to do the sweeping and mopping very frequently... As a result, my sis would complain frequently about the dirty floor... Haha...

Now shifted back to JB, my mama is the one who washes my clothes, sweeping and mopping and etc. I am very thankful to have her because I no need to do such little things. However, also because of this, that she assumed too much responsibilities over this and eventually crossed the boundary and came into my private zone! She touched my stuff without asking my permission first! Oh~~no~~ I wanted to sort out a pile of documents that I wanna keep so I classified them into places all around inside my room, so that I know the different categories. Then I couldn't finish the sorting and the next day I went to Singapore for Sunday Service. About evening, I came back and went directly into my room... I WAS SHOCKED ! ! !

My room layout was completely different!!! She then told me that for some "Feng Shui" purpose, the she and my father altered my room layout. I used to have a big, full body mirror but was now removed from my room. Bed's and wardrobe's position had changed, so was study table... Then I saw a pile of documents stacked up... I was wondering... then I remembered! I was so angry~! I just sorted them out, and now they were back into stacks! I kept my 2D animation drawings in a box, when I reached home that day, they were taken out of the box and when I asked where was the box, she could told me that the box are rusted (some parts of the box had metal) and she said she could use the box... Now, what would you think in your mind?? Then the best part is here... I just "squeezed" back DreamCast console (an old fashioned game console) into its box. If you have realized, most of the electrical products when took out of the nicely packed boxes, it is extremely difficult to put back, to pack them back into the box nicely and perfectly, because the products was machine-packed. In order to save space within the box, and maybe for visual, marketing purpose, boxes are usually designed to be visually attractive (and therefore smaller size is better). I wanted to keep the game console back into the box because I no longer playing it and thought of selling it away. So I packed it as nicely as I could, and I took a long time to achieve that... But on that day I came back, the stuff inside were taken out! And my mama asked me, "what are the things inside? Stored inside so long later spoilt." That's the time, my anger could not be controlled anymore!!! I shouted, "I just put them into the box like only... yesterday!!!" (FYI, I shouted from upstairs to downstairs where she was, so it wasn't really a face-to-face shouting)

Really, I was not against her for touching my stuff, invade my private space, not gimme self-respect and stuff... But at least, and the very first thing to do, is to tell me, inform me or ask me first before you want to do anything on my stuff. So that I can tell you some information, so that I am mentally-prepared for the "surprise"! Haha... And you will not mess up for what I am doing right now! Then I no need to do things twice, TWICE. And sometimes even more than twice! I gotta take back the box to put back my 2D animation, packed back my game console, sorted out again all the documents that I just sorted out! Why? Am I rehearsing a drama is it?

That night, with much anger regarding this issue, and also certain disappointment with God, I almost gone mad in my room... I was like, bashing stuff in my room. I wanted to shout out loud, real loud to release my anger, but in order not to disturb my family, I opened my mouth and exerted my strength from stamina but uttered no voices. I was trying my best to release all of my anger that night... I was complaining to God ... again. But after the release, after I calmed down. I got better... Sometimes, I just couldn't help to think that this is just my life, my fate... That whenever I try to do something, challenges will come. And those are dramatic challenges... I really wonder can my life story go up to TV screen or not... haha... After I had calmed down, I also thanked God that my mama's help, that her interference of tidying up my room actually helps towards achieving my goal, i.e. to arrange my room after all. Regardless of her ignorance about my stuff, she did help to clean up, put other stuff into boxes, etc. I was just thinking, if she could have asked me things before she started anything, things would have been done with effectiveness... And I thanked God for my somewhat dramatic life lor... Haha...

Other than being faithful in little things like daily chores, one should be mindful of his/her speech and word. “言者无意,听者有心” you know. And because human body system does not consist of physical body only, it also includes your mind, your soul and spirit. Therefore also be careful of what is in your mind is thinking right now; what books, movies, games etc that you are contacting with. Well, maybe I become too meticulous, too suspicious over things... But still, these are the little things that we should be faithful of.

And there is one "powerful" little thing that the world has much neglected, and this is the "promise(s)". Some people get so used to "promise something easily and forget that something easily" that this eventually creates problem like mistrust, lost confidence in something or someone, lack of security, etc. This is the reason why I don't like to promise people, don't like to give people "empty promises". I am much overwhelmed by my own stuff that I can hardly give out times for other things... The best I can ever tell you is "I will try..." Or, if I ever promise something, I will definitely added "I will do this when I am free" at the end of my speech. And you will be surprise at times when a long forgotten promise being fulfilled out of nowhere~! Haha... This is really because I don't like to give empty promises and I don' like to disappoint people.

As you can see by now, that those little things are really insignificant at times... I recently learned a word to describe such stuff, i.e. "trivia". Yes, such insignificant, trivia are not the key towards greatness and success. However, the word of Christ is still valid. Jesus was just telling us, when you are faithful in the little things, it implies your potential / possible attitude towards the greater things (Luke 16:10). Or simply an alteration of the idea of "what you focus, you will magnify"? But anyways, taking science as a parable, like the things that our physical eyes can see, is actually made up of extremely small particles that Science called them atoms and molecules. We learned this during school times. Really, anything that is big, is also made up of lots of small little parts that is usually insignificant... On the contrary-cum-similarly , all the little things that when summed up together, when gather together, will eventually become some thing great, either great in a glorious and glamors manner, or great in a negative ways, you know like, "big troubles", "I'm busy", "so many things to do, I'm so stressed." Oh, no...

This is also the reason why I will treasure all the little things that I ever aware of... How much little things your eyes can see your mind can perceive, depends on how detailed person you are. Being a thoughtful person, of course I myself see a lot of little things... And thereby, giving me more things to do, and in turns of course, ... more troubles... sigh...

I always wanted to arrange my room and until now I am still arranging my room~! I once had a conversation with an old friend of mine, she asked me "what are you doing now?" I answered, "I'm arranging my room." "Huh? Why are you still keep arranging your room? It is something that I always hear from you~!" Such conversation rang a bell in my heart... I realized that all the while I had been doing the same things! And I really want to break away from this cycle. In the past, I was looking for an "once-and-for-all" solution, but as I grew up, and screwed up, I realize that there are a lot of things in life do not have such one-time solution. But instead, whole lot of things require constant attention and maintenance. Yes, whole lot: body, mind, soul, spirit, everything... But thank-God-ly, I invented myself a plan of which what I called the Major Arrangement Plan (MAP). But in order to tell the whole story, it takes some episodes to explain... Haha... Yeah, another somewhat-dramatic-life thing. However, as a brief introduction, it is something that records all of my To Do List (TDL), all the little things that I want to do, records the potential things that I want to do, to have, to research about, good habits to develop etc. And it helps to govern what should be done in the short term, what can be waited for the future, i.e. prioritization. It also helps me to focus what to do now and what to accomplish. In addition, it comes with a reward system, that when I had accomplish certain numbers of tasks, I can reward myself with games! Haha...

Ok, shall stop here... Every time when I thought I got nothing to write, but when I started writing, all the ideas just flash out, resulting long entries again and again... haha... :D

No comments: