This is my old blog. New blog here: Lieh.ae | Lieh-always-enough

Monday, July 14, 2008

Lieh Not Enough~! (Part 4) -- My Commitments, My Life

Main Label: I, Me & Myself
"Oh no... Lieh not enough le... Everybody wants a piece of Lieh! I wish for 8 more Liehs: (1) One for God, (2) One for family, (3) One for friends (and maybe one more for more friends!), (4) One for games! (5) One for gym and be handsome, (6) One to do Great things! (7) One to do all other little things, (8) One to enjoy every beautiful things in the world, (9) And last one just for simply doing nothing! ... ... ... Ok, reserve for girl friend lah!"
Lieh
(6). Do Great Things
Being a loving and creative being, I always have some brilliant ideas once in a while to contribute to the world... But it never come into realistic progress because those are simply my humble imagination and has not been tested or proven! How I wish I could really have my own research team and facilities to let my dreamsss come into real actions.

Sometimes, these "great things" is always linked with God, the purpose, calling of the Lord, and for the glory of the Lord~! But, not necessary true all the time... And this may appear to be another repetition of my first mentioned commitment, i.e. God, but is still a different one. God, talks about the relationship with God, and of more towards spiritual means. On the other hand, doing great things can be for God, but also for the world and mankind. And is usually towards changing life, changing world by means of implementing new system, new mindsets, and new physical / materialized and visible things... And I will say this, those are interesting, innovative ideas that the world could ever have it! Haha... Sometimes I wasn't very convinced that in my life, I cannot be an innovative inventor and stuff. But of course, it takes whole lot of "impossibilities" path to walk towards such goal....

Ever since I came to my Church, CHC, I guess I gave people the impression that I am one who love God, who is fervent and has a burning desire for God. Haha... One remark that was given to me that I especially liked is: "I thought you've been in Church for years." Haha, when I was only in Church for about 2 years! I do give people the idea that I am an experienced City Harvester. And I can memorize the Church's mission statement! Which I think not a lot of people does. Oops... I am sooo outwardly spiritual~! Haha... Anyways, because of the Church's mission statement, I joined a ministry in the Church, which is the ever famous, effective and committed Usher Ministry with the ever excellent attitude of serving~! I love my Usher Ministry I tell you! Through Jesus' word,
"Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant."
Matthew 20:26 (NKJV)
I learned about greatness, and it is always associated with servanthood. Pastor Kong had been preaching about this two recently, and usher is the common example to quote. Even such, the rhema word, understanding and the desire had entered into my heart about 3 years ago. This is one of the reasons, that I am not willing to give up my Usher status. I want to fulfill the Church's mission statement~!

Other than the mission statement, the God-given vision to Pastor Kong and the Church is "a church without walls", "to serve beyond the 4 walls of the Church". It simply means to love and help people not only in church but also those out of church. Being an usher, sometimes I was asked to station at the main gate of the church (Jurong West Branch) as a traffic marshal. When there was event in the Singapore Indoor Stadium (SIS), some ushers are to station around the corridors and gates, etc. During such serving in usher, when I was not in the main auditorium where worships and sermons are held, I had some "being left out" feelings. How I wish I had duty inside the main hall instead, to enjoy the praise and worship, to feel and dwell in the presence of God. However, this is also the time that I realized something important... Hmmm, I can't really put them into words, but it was like you will miss out praising and worshiping God when you don't have the opportunity to do so, so next time when you get the quality time to praise and worship God, you will treasure it more. It is like the Chinese saying:
“人要等到失去之后才会懂得珍惜”
But beyond this revelation there is another greater one... When you know that there are people happily worshiping God inside a walled conference room without much distraction from the outside world, and sometimes know not the weather outside, whether it is sunshine or a rainy day... but you are left outside serving, away from the presence of God, facing either burning sun or cooling rain... and I kind of linked this to those who know not Christ... I feel sad for them... Slowly, with other issues, I came into a revelation that I finally told God, and I wanted to tell the world that:
"I am God's faithful usher, and I serve beyond the four walls of the Church!"
Which is why, God's ministries cannot be limited within churches only, they must go beyond! That's also why Jesus talked about the "extra mile", the spirit and attitude of excellence~! That's why I am thinking of greatness, my all-time-favorite value (system). And I want to serve the world, change the world in a "like never before" manner! Haha...

In addition, just like some other faithful and fervent members, I also had desire to be raised up as a Cell Group Leader (CGL) and to attend School of Theology (SOT) organized by the Church... 2 years ago, I attended Reverend Mike Connell's deliverance service via CHC. In the hope of getting dramatic deliverance, I got a leader (who helped out in the healing and deliverance) laid hand on me and prayed instead. And what he prayed? He prayed that I would raise up as a CGL! And then recently, I attended my ex-CG members' wedding dinner, and met other ex-CG members. In our conversation, they kind of expected me to be a CGL by now! Haha... Somehow, or maybe, I just have the "look" or "kuan" of a typical leader? Haha... or maybe it is just people's humble and encouraging words? Or really, it is the calling of the Lord? Really? But anyways... things didn't turn out good here... I didn't manage to become a CGL... Guess circumstances got me... After all, it really the timing that did not favor me... sigh... And the SOT is just another story... (not telling now. :p)

As an imaginative being and one who belief himself as being creative, I love to make up stories, new ideas and new theories. I think I have talent in creative writings... But I was also weak in languages at times, literatures and vocabulary in both Chinese and English. I wish I have the time to improve on these so that I can really go on trying to write stories... I have many wonderful imaginations and brilliant stories, but again I was limited by my incapability. I studied a little drawing skills before. I thought of drawing comics, but my drawing skills... is like... one thing that I would never show off to people one... Haha...

One interesting fact about story ideas... I think I was inspired by the world's (especially Chinese) all-time-favorite author, Jin Yong (金庸)and game story like Final Fantasy VII. So I had my own sets of story timeline, characters and stuff. After I became a Christian and attended my Church, all of my characters also "accepted Christ"~! Haha... Erm... if you know what I mean lah... I was trying to say, the stories before I know Christ are those fantasy stuff while after I know Christ, those stories also have put in the element of Christ. Haha...

In addition to greatness, I really hope that I can venture into new business and earning big profit$!!!. I graduated with Bachelor Degree in Business And Management Studies. I thought of applying what I have learned and put them into real action plans... But then again, this is the part of me that I wish I am able to further develop onto...

Being a very much thoughtful and all-rounder person, I also having some problems in choosing a career path. Some times I think I can do a lot of things with a wide variety, I can be artist, businessman, scientist, inventor, engineer???, philosopher! etc. because of my wide scope of thoughts. But in the end, I didn't do anything great, I don't have a specific career path and professions. Once in my life I came into a conclusion that only one job is suitable for me and that is writer! Only by one who writes stories and scripts, I can be more than one person, one role, one profession etc.! Because in any stories, it is very least possible to only have one character. Instead, there are certain numbers of characters in any stories. When one story gets more complicated, it tends to have more characters. And this just remind myself that I actually love variety~! I get much excitement when I know about a variety of stuff, such as colours, animals, people, character and stuff... That is also one of the reason why I love stories with a lot of characters, and especially with unique and differentiable personality, style, preference, and even power! Such as X-men, 天龙八部(金庸)(Tian Long Ba Bu by Jin Yong). I wish I can write stories as such.

Oh! There is one more wish that I have, i.e. to produce movie! Because I like to watch movie also and will be inspired by certain movies once in a while. Recently, after watching some movies I had come into a thirst in my desire, I feel and have a revelation of this "There must be something more in a movie"! A lot of movies are being filmed and shown each years. The competition is intense but I can hardly catch one real good and remarkable movie... It is like... movie come, movie go, but only a few can stay in my heart; only a few that is, that is real good and powerful that can change the course of your mindset, your life... Hmmm, maybe the people doesn't yearn for a change? Maybe people just wanna relax their body and mind by catching an entertaining movie? So it is entertainment and not enlightenment? Haha... Anyways, "something more than a movie", or "something more in a move" is a question or a seed that has left in my heart, waiting for an answer, a season of blossoms and revelations!

I had talked much about my great things, but am I any closer to any of these? Nope! All of such only remain as my dreams and imagination... I can't make my first step here... sad. Lieh-not-enough. Let there be enough. :)

No comments: