This is my old blog. New blog here: Lieh.ae | Lieh-always-enough

Friday, October 24, 2008

Church & Stuff Episode 2 -- Back to Church for a Purpose??

Main Label: Life Update

Well, I am supposed to write about how I got back to the Singapore CHC again after ... ... like maybe 6 weeks or something? Anyways, I forgot the exact period.

On mid September,one Saturday afternoon, one CG friend, actually she is JiahUi lah, one who always visited my site and leaves messages. Anyways, thank ya~! She MSNed the moment she saw me online and said "Long time no see, how have you been? Is everything all right? Are you going to Service tomorrow? Will I see you?" Yah, saying some caring stuff like that lor. But before that, I was thinking, erm... debating whether should I go back to CHC that Sunday, because "going back once in a while" is something in my mind also. So was I debating, giving myself the values of going to Service and of not going to... then she MSNed me and I was stunned by her questions actually. Simply because to tell one that the reasons for not going back would take a very long time, especially chatting in MSN. I will prefer to tell things in person or via phone now. Last time, I MSN storiesss and SMS storiesss a lot, but now it is just feel so tired and "a lot" to write about, which is time consuming and in addition, such communication couldn't really that effective. I think MSN & SMS belongs to young people who still can afford to waste some time... Me? Old liao lor... Haha...

So anyway, to give a simple and nice and quick and direct answer to JiahUi, I simply answered her by saying something like, everything is all right lah... blah blah blah... and "see you tomorrow" like that. Then I think she mentioned something about watching movie... like she wanted to watch "Make It Happen" but no one wanted to "make it happen" for her... Then, I was thinking, since her Birthday was coming, I might be able to accompany her like that... Oh btw, hope you have realised it, I can remember people's Birthday one... Not everyone though, and though trying my best to remember everyone's Birthday... I got one method to help me to remember people's Birthday, it is something like link people's face and name with 2 sets of numbers, first number is the month and of course, the other number is the days. And then link the people with the same months, and/or same days to help myself to do the remembrance stuff. For example... erm... taking JiahUi as example... (JiahUi, Please allow me to use yours as example, ok? haha...) September, I got friends like jiahUi, Samuel, Duncan, Janice, Jenny, Earnest, Jessica, my 2nd sister, their Birthday lie on the September, the ninth month, this is the first number. Then I also think about the numbers form 1 to 31 (of course, September don't have 31 lah). Like I remembered Samuel's on the 4th, and actually, the moment I thought about that, Jenny and Duncan's Birthday was reminded, because I suddenly remembered, their "number" is 9 and 4 also. So I added the name to the list above... Then, Janice and my 2nd sister is on day 9. Yah something like that... as for JiahUi, her Birthday is on the 15th, the exact mid number for a month, so is easy to remember, and in fact, my mind already reminded someone whose Birthday is on the 15th day... And then, OOPS! Sorry for side track, let's go back for the main story!!!

Erm... where was I?? Oh, ok... so I thought that maybe it will be a blessing or a present for her by accompanying her to watch movie like that... Though that day we didn't watch the "Make it Happen" lah, we watched "Mama Mia". And that was just another story...

So on the Sunday morning, I set off to Singapore Expo like I used to do. On the journey I SMS Wendy and Eliz, telling them that I was on the way, but of course, is to hint that "please gimme a seat, ok" haha... And it seemed that everyone in my CG was so surprised to see me! Haha... I'm like a special guest to them! Haha...

Well, after a long break of not coming to CHC, I realized 2 significant changes in the Church. First, the bigger... erm I mean the wider screen in centre stage... Wow~! Wow~! WOW~~~! Eliz told me it was installed for the "Money No Enough 2" movie and it stayed there ever since. The second change was the "3 minutes chit chat" thing, that was very new to me. In fact, I was nervous about this. Because I don't talk much, yes I type a lot, but sometimes I ran out of words to say. I am very much a silent people. I am not "talkative", I am only "typative" lah~! Haha... And usually I don't like such "casual" talking, I prefer "quality time" of fellowshipping and chit-chatting. Really, how much can you know and get familiar with someone only with the "given" and "limited" time? And when times up, you gotta wrap your story real quick if not both you and the Pastor on stage will start talking at the same time! Well of course, it has its own usefulness and I am not here comdamning. This is just not for me lah... Oh another reason is that, I will get even more nervous when no one is talking to me! Or when you ran out of stuff to say with one another, that will be... erm... “冷场” silent moment lor...

In fact, these few Sunday while I went for the Service, during the worships, I was actually thinking of the 3 minute thing... My mind was like... later whom to talk to? Will someone talk to me? Should I talk to the one who is on my left? or Right? In front or behind? What should we talk about? Hmmm... Let me prepare some questions first... maybe start by asking CG? etc. ... ... ... Yup, I was distracted by it and I couldn't focus on the worship... Haha...

Oh... Oops again... That's enough for the side story... On that Sunday which I came back after a long break, they actually also started a new praise song... I don't know the title... But the song has this verse in the lyrics that says "(to God) Well You got me here, You got me"... The moment I saw & listened to it, my heart and mind was thinking like "so accurate" again! It was really You got me here, God. Haha... This was the first thing that touched me once again on that day regarding this church...

Then the next thing they had, was had a couple to share with their testimony, "how God has changed them" stuff... Half way listening to their testimony, I heard them mentioning about Building Fund... And it got me thinking, so I asked Eliz who was sitting next to me, and she confirmed to me that the Building Fund is coming. From that moment, I was almost to exclaim this out loud at my fullest revelation of the reason why I am here back to Church again... -- "No wonder I am back to Church!" Of course I didn't say lah, if not I would get chased out by the security.

And this is very true, as regarding of the "I-want-it-that-way" thing. I wanted to come back to Church, or as some people would prefer to say, "come back to God", when God has something important for me to do or know, and this is so important that I must not miss it. In the usual Service, "if there is nothing so important that I must not miss it", my God will "allow" me not to come to Service. Erm... it is like, what I want to say is that, God will make sure that I will not miss out the important thing and those things that He wants me to be awared of... Of course, I am not saying that people can no need to go to every Sunday Service; I am not saying that people only goes to Church when there is something "important" is happening like that... In consideration of my current faith level, "According to your faith" (Matthew 9:29) is all I can say and comment about.

The testimony to me, is like it served as a reminder from God saying, "the Building Fund is coming, so you better make time to come to the following Services to "hear" the amount to pledge, so that on the day of pledging, you know how much to pledge." This was my fourth time of Arise & Build, according from my previous experiences, as on how much to pledge, I learned that it will be better... ... erm... more accurate to "get to know" the amount to pledge during Church's corporate worships and sermon. Of course you can know the numbers during your personal quiet time with God. But however, somehow coming to the Church and "ask God in person" will seem like a confirmation to that whatever amount you have in your mind. And so the testimony was like the second thing that touched me that day...

So what is the third? Coming through~ Well it was Pastor Kong's sermon. The contents were about CHC-DNA. He mentioned something about the CHC's DNA, meaning to say, those similar characteristics or straits or culture or habits and stuff that most / majority of the City Harvesters share. To me, that moment I was thinking about my "spirit sensitivity"... I was "praising" myself for able to know that Building Fund is coming simply by listening to the testimony. And so it was, Pastor commenting about this "CHC-DNA"! Haha... As I thought along, because of my "changed in heart" situation, obviously I don't have the 100% CHC-DNA lah. However, I am much grateful to "qualify" myself to have such DNA! Haha... ... ... I don't know lah... maybe this is very important to me ba... Maybe I really love this Church that I am not willing to give it up... Erm... maybe my love for the Church is so much that until Jesus Himself "buay tahan", and He gotta tell me in person that "I will leave this Church"! Haha... Those words are not necessary negative if you know your God well, if you know how to decode those words lah...

Hmmm... Yah, after the Service, I already confirmed that I would make time to come back for the Service until the pledging day... And most probably, you will be sure that I will go "Whoosh!" again after I had pledge the amount! Haha... Pledging must be done within Church, during sermon and prayers, to "secure the divine pledging spiritually". However, the actual giving do not need to be in Church, you can give by Credit Card or Internet Banking, I am sure those who go to CHC can hear this every time during the offering time! Haha...

So shall end of Episode 2 here. Gonna do the Episode 3 real soon.

No comments: