This is my old blog. New blog here: Lieh.ae | Lieh-always-enough

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Church & Stuff Episode 3 -- The Confirmation??? Or the Confusion?

Main Label: Life Update
"The feeling of the "confirmation" was like "so sure" that I no need to go to Church next week to confirm the amount again~!"
Lieh (22/10/2008)
~ The "Promoted" Sermon -- Fourth Dimension Living ~
The week before, Pastor Kong had already "promoted" his sermon to come, he was very exciting and he asked everybody to come. Indeed, the sermon was amazing~!

Some side track... There is also one new worship song the Church is singing. I just made a little research because I wanted to find out the exact lyrics which had "touched my heart" greatly. So touching that the moment I listened and sang it, my tears started to flow down... This is the YouTube video that I had found:



At first I thought it was a brand new song for the Church's Arise & Build 2008. But after the research, I then realized that this was not composed by the CHC's song artists. Oh yeah, the part that touched my heart greatly is the chorus lor...
"Greater things have yet to come
Greater things are still to be done
In this city"
God of This City, by Chris Tomlin
Ok, that's all for the side track. :)

That Sunday morning I happened to be the first to reach the hall, and I managed to help my CG to have one whole row of seats, about 20++. Felt great that God had also created this opportunity for me to serve the CG as well. Haha... Though I no longer served in the Usher Ministry mah, God still able to provide such chance lor... Aiya... but my God is like that one lah...

But then not long after... when the praise song had started singing, that's the time I realized that there would not have enough seats! But actually, it was only short of 1 seat. Then, me being the "seats organizer" for the day, definitely gotta be ready to sacrifice lor... Kind of like no choice, because the person who was late, or the last one to come happened to be a newcomer, brought by the CG's new members, Lawrence and Lydia... Then I got no choice lor... Couldn't asked a new friend to sit alone mah... That's the time, I "complained" to God again... It was like, every time I am the one who sacrifice... I seldom come to the Service and CG already, now You wanted me to sit alone again!!! The moment I thought that I gotta give up the seats that I "found" for the CG and leave to search for another one just for myself, alone, I was so sad~~! My "grudge" almost had my tears ran down. Yah, it was that serious! Sometimes, I hated to be at the stage of being "alone"... The feeling was like... ... ... Don't know how to say it lah... But anyway, I spotted a seat just right in front of me... The seat was not that obvious actually... But you can't fool an experienced CHC Usher like me. Of course, I could tell whether the seat was taken or not... Haha... So I grabbed this chance, had the usher in duty to help me to double check or confirm. And then I got it! Haha... Not so far away from the CG! Yeah~! Yeah~!

That moment, I somehow learned something... You can pray and ask God to help you do something... You ask in prayer and wait in faith. But you ain't getting anything. Because on God's side, God is also waiting for you to do something~! Haha... When you wanted something, you yourself gotta take action for it, "God don't wait for you to wait for Him!" Haha... But rather, "God moves the moment we move!" This is the quote that I came out with...

"Many of the time, we ask God something in prayer, waiting and expecting Him to do that something. But at the same time, God is also waiting and expecting you to do that specific something!"
Lieh (25/10/2008)
Haha... But anyways, that's another way that God wanted me to do the Usher duty lah... My God is sooo cute one lor...

OK, anyways... So the sermon was expectantly great! Pastor Kong used Doctor Masaru Emoto's research and theory about water crystals which response to human's words and thoughts and stuff. I knew a little bit about this Doctor Emoto's work before. I even got his book like few years ago... But until now, I haven't read the book yet. xp Anyways, this piece of information got me to think a lot... again. I was like wanted to tape down the message to listen again and to point down my thoughts... Seriously, the sermon was quite difficult to jot down notes. And even I did made some notes, but in the end... I gotta "pass up" the note!

Yah~! We were given a piece of paper that was thought to be the sermon notes by me and some other friends! So I was happily jotting down points at the back of the "sermon note" and only to realize that Pastor expected us to write something, and "pass up"... We were to write particularly about goals and achievement in these 5 areas: health, finance, marriage / family, career, and ministry, of which, we must confess positively and persistently in order to achieve them... Pastor wanted us to submit that piece of paper together with our offering. And he gave us some time to write them down... And that was the time, I immediately tried my best to transfer whatever I have written regarding the goals and the sermon notes on my note book! Haha... But thank-God-ly, the sermon was quite difficult to jot down detailed notes actually... Like I said before, so I could quickly rewrite those important points...

That Service, the Presence of God was exceptionally strong too!Actually, at first, I didn't know about that. I wasn't having 100% concentration actually... Haha... Only until Pastor Kong said that "the Presence of God is here" and then I felt "nothing", so I "turned on" my "Spirit-sense" and only to realize that the Presence of God was indeed very strong~! It was so strong that it was almost like on the day of Building Fund Pledging! Only a little bit "lower" lah... Wah~~~ I couldn't wait for the day of pledging to come~! The Presence of God gonna be extremely superb ba~! Haha... Then I can wept "happily"... erm... "satisfactory" in the Presence of God again! Yeah~!

Don't know why... I love to "weep in the Presence of God"... I feel that it is one of the most comfortable things to do... Erm... sounds weird I think... Haha... But nevertheless, the feeling of "being embraced in His Presence" was very comforting... It was like in the moment, there are only God and you, there are no one else. No one can disturb this moment, and you will be very close to God and to Him only. At that very moment, "the world has only God and you only" like that... erm... I mean that you will care not even a bit of the circumstances lah.

And I was thinking, this time round, I definitely got something to "cry about"... It was concerning some money that I gave up... or rather someone refused to pay me and the business was given to him at a very cheap price! Like I said before, “过河拆桥”!I was really angry at times... But what to do, life must still go on... There are times I tried to forget, I told myself not to think of this so much, and gotta leave this matter off... I gotta practice "showing grace"... But then again, such showing of grace will not be noticed and will not be appreciated... Sigh... Then that's the time I had this "divine revelation":
"Showing grace sometimes will not be shown (to other people / the public)."
Lieh (25/10/2008)
Sometimes, I imagine this scenario, someone who is at fault, knees down and begs for the person who he has offended to, asking for forgiveness... Then the person will be like, angry at first, then he melts his heart and forgives the person. The begging person feels at ease and the whole crowd cheer for the "forgiving" person... Well, it occurs to me that this is "showing off" rather than "showing grace"... In fact, there are times, many times, "showing grace and mercy" will not be "let-known", "publicize" and etc. The most forgiving person, forgive people "just like that" (meaning simple and nice and discreetly), without having a big drama first to tell the world he is the victim and have the world to look into his situation, have sympathy on him and start to blame the offending party.. until the offending party cannot "tahan", and "admits" his "mistake" and finally, knees down and begs for forgiveness like that... That will be hypocrite, isn't it?

I don't know lah... I am not the most forgiving person lah, maybe God is ba... Is He? Well... ... ... of course I gotta confess that He is lah, if not I will be "blasphemy" lah~! Oops... XP

Anyways, I am trying my best to let go the amount and have mercy to my debtors lah... There are times I will still feel angry & 不爽 lor... But "Thank God got God lor..." He always consoles me and I can find comfort in Him...

~ The Amount to Pledge in Mind... ~
Ok, about the pledge thing, of which, is the main reason and purpose for me to start this series of "Church and Stuff" entries... Throughout these weeks, I had been thinking about the amount to pledge lor... Some figures crossed my mind, big and small... Then the "spiritual pointer" which that points the figures up and down stopped at this amount, let's called it "x", of which I am comfortable with also. The feeling was like, hmmm... "we (God, or Holy Spirit here, and I) thought the same thing" like that lor... So I thought the amount to be pledged was more or less confirmed liao... And in fact, this time round, I am thinking of giving a "one time building fund pledge", instead of the usual 6 months installment method. Because I already want to cut down the numbers of coming to this Church liao mah... And "everything" "works pretty fine" and "feels pretty fine", even Pastor had showed the past years statistic of amount pledged, and I was looking at the "Salaried / Self-employed" column, though my amount in mind was less than the average, I could still have the "peace of mind". So I hereby confirmed my amount to pledge~! ! ! Haha~~~ ... ... ...

But then... Just when the Monday came, my mind started to rethink... Then I got confused... And ultimately, I could feel the challenge~! The moment I thought for that... to double the amount, my heart would start to "tremble"... Now I face the choice... a "peaceful" amount? or a "challenged" amount? Ai... now my mind gotta rethink again... and gotta fight over this decision... All external circumstances factors come in, like the world's "economy tsunami", they called it this way... It was expected the coming year, 2009 will be the worst year yet leh... Yet then again, my possitive mindset also starts to function, all those possitive stuff join into this fight... So resulting... an amount yet to confirm again... :( Gotta pray and ask God more... But anyways, still feeling excited~! Haha... gonna cry, gonna cry with His embrace~! Haha~!

No comments: